Large volume dissolution testing instrument for pool test applications.
6 + 2 Dissolution Tester
PTWS 4000 is the only tablet dissolution testing instrument available to support vessel sizes up to 4 liters for pool test applications of highly concentrated samples. PTWS 4000 contains six stirred glass vessels with a volume of approx. 4 liters each in a single row in the front side of the instrument. Furthermore, it offers two additional, unstirred 1 liter vessels to take a blank and/or a reference standard in a second row on the back side of the instrument. PTWS 4000 is fully compliant to the current USP <711/724> and EP <2.9.3/4> pharmacopeia.
PTWS 4000 4 Liter Pool Test Tablet Dissolution Tester
Various Vessel Sizes Usable
PTWS 4000 can also handle 1 liter and 2 liter USP/EP vessels using the same Monoshaft™ stirring tools. The adapters to use smaller vessels are included in the standard scope of supply. This makes the PTWS 4000 one of the most flexible dissolution testing instruments available.
Various Vessel Sizes in the PTWS 4000
Automated Lift Drive
The instrument features an automated lift system for the instrument head with programmable working positions to support different types of dissolution testing tools.
A temperature sensor probe is included to measure the medium temperature directly inside the vessels. Optionally a pH probe can be connected as well.
The standard testing method filing system eases the programming of sampling information. Each of the stirrer shafts can be withdrawn or started in a vessel at any time. This offers the possibility of a staggered start for manual and automated operation. The depth setting of the stirrers can easily be altered to meet the parameters of new tool setting, as is required for transdermal cylinders.
- Automated temperature check and log at all sampling times
- Fully USP <711/724> and EP <2.9.3/4> compliant
- Extra large vessels for approx. 4l of medium inluded in standard supply
- Supports 1 liter and 2 liter vessels as well, adapters included in standard supply
- 6 stirred positons, 2 extra 1 liter vessels (unstirred)
- Electronic lift drive
- Staggered start capability
- The only tablet dissolution testing instrument supporting 4 liter vessels
- Six vessels in front offer optimal view of the samples
- Easy access to all vessels
- Monoshaft™ system to avoid re-adjustment of immersion depth
- Clear-view Plexiglass water bath for excellent visibility
- TWS trafic light warning system monitors critical parameters
- GMP compliant stainless steel housing
- IQ/OQ documents included free of charge
|Display||LED Display showing number of tests and hardness result|
|Data Entry||Numerical and Functional keys|
|Standard Force Range||5.0 to approximately 300N|
|Resolution||0.074N (300N model) – 0.1482N (500N model) – 0.2964N (1000N model|
|Force Settings||Linear speed or linear force increase|
|Selectable Range||5.0 – 200 N/Second or Millimeter/Minute|
|Accuracy||< 2% force or < 0.1% speed|
|Maximum Sample Size||45 mm|
|Drive Way Setting||1.0 – 30.0 mm to adapt sample size|
|Printer||Internal thermal printer|
|Interface||Serial RS232 COM port|
|Calibration Guidance||Built-in calibration procedures the digital load cell|
|Adjustments||Two point adjustment – zero and 10kg|
|Calibrations||Multiple point for load cell precision using certified weights (CAL15)|
|Force Detection Reproducibility||PT-MT Magnetic Tablet|
|Instrument Housing||Stainless Steel to meet GLP requirements|
|Bench Space Requirement||L 48cm x W 24cm x H 26cm (without external printer )|
|Certification||All components certified to USP / EP requirements|
|CE / EMC Certification||All CE / EMC Certification provided|
|Validation||All IQ & OQ documents included|
We reserve the right to make technical changes without any prior notice.
Included in the Standard Scope of Supply
- 10 rolls of printer paper
- Comprehensive documentation folder including:
- User manual
- IQ documentation
- OQ documentation
- Instrument logbook
- Amber colored vessels for UV sensitive test materials
- Full range of MonoShaft™ stirring tools available
- Full range of certified validation tools available
Request for Quotation
This 6 station tablet dissolution bath with individual stirring speed control is ideal for R&D purposes.