The semi-automated DFC-820SP system is composed of a PTWS 820D staggered stirrer start dissolution bath with built-in individual vessel centering, full tubing installation in PTFE including, the EPE-820 auto sampling system, a PT-SP8 syringe pump, and a PTFC-2/8SP fraction collector.
To learn more about the instruments included in this system, visit these pages:
- PTWS 820D Tablet Dissolution Bath
- PT-SP High Precision Syringe Dosing Pump
- PTFC-2/8SP Fraction Collector
As soon as the samples have been inserted, the system will start its automated operation. The samples are dropped simultaneously using the TM-820 tablet magazine. The sampling times have been programmed via the touch screen of the PTWS 820D dissolution bath and are saved as a specific method for subsequent tests. After the start of test a command is sent from the dissolution bath to the connected PTFC-2/8SP fraction collector. From there the connected PT-SP8 syringe pump is triggered to start a sampling sequence. The EPE-820 moves the sampling tubes and filter tips into the media to the selected sampling position. The pump will be started to fill up and pre-flush the tubing. When all tubing is filled-up, the samples are collected into vials inside the collector dish of the PTFC-2/8SP. Depending on the system configuration, after dosing the volume will be refilled and the EPE-820 will move back out of the dissolution vessels. At the end of a cycle all tubing is emptied. The system is waiting for the next sampling time. All vials are covered during the test; the vial dish can be easily removed. Also special dishes are available for HPLC vials.
- Fully USP <711/724> and EP <2.9.3/4> compliant
- 8 stirred positions
- System composed of PTWS 820D dissolution bath, PTFC-2/8SP fraction collector and PT-SP syringe pump
- Automated withdrawal of samples at specified times via EPE-820 auto sampling system
- Printed test report available using PT-RP80 report printer (optional)
- Automated media refilling using additional PT-SP pump module (optional)
- Individual media temperature measurement at sampling times using ITM-820 system (optional)
- Motorized TMA-820 tablet magazine (optional, manual TM-820 tablet magazine included in standard supply)
- Full range of MonoShaft™ stirring tools available