Suppository Dissolution Test Cell (Rotating Dialysis Cell)
The PTSW-0 Suppository Dissolution Test Cell (Rotating Dialysis Cell) is placed into a standard USP type dissolution vessel which in turn is inserted into a standard tablet dissolution testing instrument to test the rate of dissolved active of suppositories and lipophilic carriers.
PTSW-0 Suppository Dissolution Test Cell
The cell is immersed in the dissolution vessel. It is developed for the study of drug release from hydrophobic carrier preparations, such as suppositories. It encloses a small volume (max. 30ml) of inner fluid by means of a dialysis membrane. The cell itself rotates horizontally in a larger volume of test medium, which has the same pH as the inner volume. The sample is placed inside the inner cell. The rotating speed is reduced in by a factor of 4:1 using a gear. The active dissolves through the membrane into the outer phase and can be measured there using common detection technology like UV/VIS spectrocopy for example. It is proven that the PTSW-0 cell is a suitable tool to study factors which may influence the dissolution and absorption of controlled release formulations.
- Drive shaft
- Reduction gear drive
- USP glass vessel
- Agitator blade
- Dialysis membrane
- Dialysis cell
- Plastic insert supporting membrane
The PTSW-O can be used with any Pharma Test dissolution testing instrument model PTWS 120D, PTWS 120S, PTWS 820D, PTWS 620, PTWS 1220 or PTWS D620.
- Variable rotation speed, low speed settings using reduction gear
- Useable with every Pharma Test PTWS
- Can be used in a common dissolution bath having a suitable drive system (drive shaft design made to fit into Pharma Test dissolution bath only)
- Easy to operate, set-up and remove for cleaning
|Cell rotation speed||5 – 60 rpm|
|Drive gear||Speed reduction ratio 4:1|
|Filter membrane||Typical: Millipore Durapor HPVL 0.45 µm|
We reserve the right to make technical changes without any prior notice.
Included in the Standard Scope of Supply
- Complete PTSW-0 Suppository Dissolution Test Cell (part. no. 39-00502)
- One set of filter membrane (part no. 500-0503-50)