The PTS 3E suppository and pessaries disintegration tester for manual measurement of suppositories and pessaries disintegration times
Suppository Disintegration Test Instrument
The PTS 3E Suppository and Pessaries Disintegration Tester is designed and manufactured
in compliance to the EP monograph <188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206> and the German DAB Pharmacopoeia.
The PTS 3E is used for the manual measurement of suppositories and pessaries
PTS 3E Suppository Disintegration Test Instrument
The instrument meets the requirements of the valid EP and German DAB pharmacopoeia. According to the Pharmacopoeia monograph 3 samples are tested at the same time. The total testing period can be pre-set within a range of 1 minute to 10 hours. When used to test suppositories the sample baskets will turn automatically each 10 minutes through 180 degrees as specified in the relevant monograph.
The test basket for the three samples is placed into a 12 liter Plexiglas (Perspex) water bath. Program the total test time and turning sequence, (usually 10 minutes), and start the test. Automatically, the basket will be turned through 180 degrees in the programmed sequence during the total test time. Usually the suppository will disintegrate, within 30 minutes. If used to test Pessaries not cycling time is entered but the samples are placed on top of the basket which is covered by the supplied glass plate. A built-in thermostatically controlled heater warms the water within the bath to 37°C or the required temperature. A 1000W heater and a powerful pump circulates the water within the system. The heating system is specifically designed to protect it against the entry of any fat or active materials. In order to clean the system, the bath, the sample holder and the sample baskets can be completely removed from the instrument.
- Fully EP <2.9.2> compliant
- Test 3 samples at the same time
- Test suppositories as well as pessaries
- GMP compliant stainless steel housing
- Removable bath, sample holder and test baskets for easy cleaning
- Heating system is protected against any fat or grease intrusion
- Tubular heater and powerful circulation pump system for even temperature distribution
- IQ/OQ documents included free of charge
|Thermostat||Built-in 1000W heating tube and circulation pump, overheating protection, temperature adjustable within 30° to 40°C|
|Accuracy||± 0.5 °C|
|Testing time||Programmable from 1 minute to 10 hours|
|Cycling time||Programmable from 1 to 10 minutes|
|Instrument housing||Stainless steel to comply with GLP standards|
|Instrument dimensions||Approx. 720 x 280 x 360 mm (Length x Width x Height)|
|Packaging dimensions||Approx. 760 x 570 x 570 mm (Length x Width x Height)|
|Net / Gross weight||Approx. 22 / 28 kg|
We reserve the right to make technical changes without any prior notice.
Included in the Standard Scope of Supply
- PTS 3E Plexiglas-Water bath complete (part. no. 391-7140)
- PTS 3E POM toothed gear (part. no. 391-2601)
- PTS 3E spring (part. no. 391-1148)
- POM Plexiglass drive arm and basket support complete (part. no. 391-1142)
- Stainless steel basket for suppositories and pessaries (part. no. 391-7352)
- Glass cover plate to test vaginal ovals (part. no. 391-3002)
- Glass test rod (part. no. 391-3003)