TIDAS® E UV
Compact UV spectrometer for education and research.
TIDAS® E UV
Entry Level Diode-Array Spectrometer for Education and Research
The TIDAS® E series has been developed especially for education and research. This instrument range provides ease of use of the diode-array spectrometer and flexible optical fiber technology, at a reasonable price. The diode-array technology makes these instruments fast, precise and universally applicable.
The TIDAS® E spectrometer series enables fast and efficient application of diode-array spectroscopy. They combine a detection system with an integrated light source, using the patented integrated dual cuvette holder and the option of the coupled external fibre optic. External accessories such as sample or filter changers are energised through control wires and triggers. Through LAN connections, the TIDAS® E is efficiently integrated into the existing network or connected directly to the computer.
The TIDAS® E UV system is distinguished by high sensitivity combined with minimal stray light. It is suitable for measurement tasks in the wavelength range from 190 nm to 390 nm; a D2 light source is integrated.
Plug und Play – with help of standard accessories the TIDAS® E sits ready to be immediately operational
Increased Flexibility – the patented cuvette holder allows a variety of measurement configurations that are seamlessly integrated within one instrument
Diode Array Technology – enables quick and precise measuring with a low level of scattered light
Software – modular and user friendly, permits the data acquisition and evaluation of individual tasks
With the TIDAS® E, the following measurement setups are possible without any need for instrument modification:
- Cuvette measurements
- External measurement setups, for example using immersion probes or flow cell measurements
- Layer thickness measurement through white-light interference
- Colour measurement and evaluation
- Absorption and fluorescent measurement
- Scattered light measurement
Selected measurement cells, light guides and ready-to-use applications complete the programm range.
The TIDAS® E spectrometers are designed as compact and transportable fiber-optic spectrometers with integrated light source and a patented dual port cuvette holder. With a single change of a mirror cuvette, absorbance, reflection and fluorescence measurements can easily be performed internal or with external immersion probes and reflection measurement heads in conjunction with either the internal or an external light source.
Another highlight of the TIDAS® E instruments is the single Ethernet interface which allows them to be easily incorporated into existing network environments. Trigger and control cables allow the coupling and control of external devices such as specimen or flter changers and light sources.
Even though the TIDAS® E is the entry level spectrometer from J&M, it is of high quality resulting in a sensitive instrument, with low noise and low drift. The TIDAS® E is a compact instrument which offer excellent value for money.
Lighting the way – The TIDAS® E Optical Path
The TIDAS® E demonstrates its flexibility with various measuring setups
With help of the patented cuvette holder and the mirror cuvette, various measurement setups are possible in conjunction with either the internal or an external light source. The patented cuvette holder and the external measurement setup can be used simultaneously. The flexibility of the design of the TIDAS® E manifests in various possible options of measurements using different optical paths formed by combinations of cuvette holder, mirror cuvette, optical fiber and light sources:
Measuring with Internal Light Sources and Internal Cuvette Holder
Possible Measuring Experiments:
- Cuvette measuring in absorption/transmission
The light radiates from the internal light source, and is conducted from the redirected mirror, through the cuvette holder, into the correct detector. The measuring sample can be located in the second cuvette chamber.
Measuring with the Internal Light Source and External Fibre Optic Connector
Possible measuring experiments:
- Measurement of exterior measurement cells, for example immersion probes, external cuvette holder, flow cell measurements, and more
- Fluorescent excitation with band-pass filter
- Scattered light measurements (only possible when the mirror cuvette is removed and both external fibre optic connectors are bypassed)
From the internal light source, radiated light passes through the cuvette holder and illuminates through the external measuring cell. The light is redirected through the cuvette holder and channelled through the detector.
Measurement with Laser for Florescence Excitation as External Light Source
Possible measuring experiments:
- Cuvette measurement in absorption/transmission with an external light source
The light from the external light source is coupled over the cuvette holder and redirected over the mirror cuvette to the detector; thereby the sample in the standard cuvette chamber can be measured.
Measurement with Laser for Fluorescent Excitement as External Light Source
Possible measuring experiments:
- Detection with an external measurement setup (external light source and/or external measuring cell)
- Fluorescence excitement through external monochromatic light source (only possible when the mirror cuvette is removed)
The light from the external light source is coupled over the cuvette holder and redirected over the mirror cuvette to the detector.
- Fiber-optic diode-array spectrometer
- Integrated light source
- Integrated dual port cuvette holder
- Measures in transmission and absorption with internal or external light source
- Supports external immersion probes, temperature-controlled cuvette holders and flow cells
- Supports external reflection measurement heads
- Perfoms film thickness measurement using white light interference
- Suitable for color measurement and analysis
- Chemometric modelling
- Certified instrument quality (wavelength and photometric accuracy)
- Software for instrument control, data acquisition and data evaluation included
- Complete package including light source and software
- Innovative dual port cuvette holder including mirror tool
- Compact, rugged and transportable instruments
- Quickly switch between absorbance, reflection and fluorescence measurements
- Multimodal and combined methods
- High dynamic range
- Fast and reliable results
- Powerful, yet easy to use software
|Wavelength Range||UV 190-390nm|
|Photometric accuracy||± 10mAU|
|Baseline drift @ 250nm||1*10E-03AU/h *1)|
|Signal-to-noise ration||<4*10E-05AU *2)|
|Integrated Light Source||Yes, fiberlight combination|
|Number of Diodes (Pixels)||256|
|Integrated Dual Cuvette Holder||Yes 10mm cuvette|
|Bench space requirements||approx. 26x15cm|
|Packaging Dimensions||approx. 46 x 32 x 30cm (W x D x H)|
|Weight||approx. 5kg net weight, 6kg gross weight|
|Power Supply||100-240 VAC / 47-63 Hz|
|Interface||TCP/IP 10/100/1000 Mbit/s|
|Digital I/O||2x IN / 2x OUT|
|A/D Converter||16 bit|
|Optical Fiber Connection||SMA 905|
|Supply Scope||TIDASDAQ software, Power supply, RJ 45 patch cable, user manual|
We reserve the right to make technical changes without any prior notice.
*1) Baseline drift will be measured at 250 nm after 10h warm up @ 21°C±2°C ambient temperature according to ASTM E685
*2) Noise will be measured at 250 nm after 10h warm up @ 21°C±2°C ambient temperature according to ASTM E685, without methanol flow with the following settings:
- Integration time <100ms
- Pixel bunching 2 (2×2.2nm ~ 4nm)
- Integration time x accumulation <2 sec.
- Detector saturation ~ 80%,