PTF 1DR Single Drum Tablet Friability Test Instrument
Tablet Friability Test Instrument
The PTF 1DR is a single drum semi-automated Friabilator with automated sample discharging option at the end of a test run and an online Analytical Balance connecting port. It is equipped as standard with 1 Perspex (plexi glass) Friabilator Drums attached to a single drive axis.
PTF 1DR single drum Tablet Friability Test Instrument
A DC motor is used to rotate the drums, the rotation speed can be selected as well as the number of drum revolution or the total testing time. One of the testing criteria of mechanical strength according to the USP <1216>, EP <2.9.7> and other pharmacopoeia of Tablets and Cores is Friability and Abrasion testing. During the process of coating, transportation, packing etc. the tablet will loose some weight. To measure the weight loss the samples are counted and weighed. Thereafter the Friability test is performed following the individual monographs of the Pharmacopoeia. When finished the samples have to be de-dusted and weighted again. Actually the difference between the weight before and after the test is determined as Friability which usually should not exceed 1%. Tablets of a weight of more than 650mg or a diameter more than 13 mm are tested while the apparatus is lifted at one side for about 10°.We offer to the user a series of instruments to meet his requirements.
Each of the instruments can be optionally equipped with an Abrasion Drum having a diameter of 20 cm and inside 12 Lamellas (not for automated discharging available). The standard Friability drum causes the samples to roll and fall during the test while the Abrasion drum continuously stresses the sample by abrasion of the lamellas.
Automated Tablet Friability Test using 1 drum. The standard instrument includes an RS232 Port for an online connection of a Mettler or Sartorius Analytical Balance (0.1mg accuracy). This does allow to weigh the cleaned tablet cores prior and after the test and to receive a printed report including statistical calculation of up to 3 consecutive runs.
Principle of Operation
Use the on-line connection for a balance and a PCL printer. Clean the samples from any dust prior to the test. Weigh the samples using the attached Analytical Balance. As soon as the result has been transmitted to the PTF DR introduce the tablets into the drum(s) of the instrument via the filling hole. Program the test information, such as speed, time etc. and start the run. When the test is finished the drum revolution stops and the samples are automatically discharged into individual collectors. De-dust the samples using a brush, after weigh again. The result is immediately displayed and printed in form of a GLP like report including the instruments serial number, date, time, user name and product data. The maximum mean weight loss from 3 consequent tests should not exceed 1%.
- 1 friability drum made from Plexiglas (optional incl. anti-static coating), in compliance with the USP, EP and DAB pharmacopoeia
- LC Display informing of adjusted rotation speed and operating time (or number of revolutions)
- Programmable number of drum revolutions or rotating time
- All IQ, OQ, DQ/QC documentation included in the standard supply scope
- LC Display showing actual and target settings
- GLP compliant stainless steel housing
- Dual operation mode adjustment; number of revolutions or rotation time
- Variable drum rotation speed
- Automated sample discharge at the end of a test run
- Single or multiple test mode including statistical calculation of abrasion loss
- Alpha-numerical keyboard for data entry
- Printer port for DOT-Matrix or PCL5 printer connection and result print-out
- RS232 data transfer interface
- RS232 balance connection port
- Easy to operate and set-up
|Data Entry||Alpha-numerical & functional keys|
|Information entry||Product code – 12 digits|
|Batch number – 12 digits|
|Setting number of revolutions||1 to 9999|
|Setting rotation timer||1 to 9999 seconds|
|Drum rotation speed||Adjustable speed between 20 – 70 rpm|
We reserve the right to make technical changes without any prior notice.
Included in the Standard Scope of Supply
- PTF 1DR includes one friability drum as per USP <1216> and EP <2.9.7> monograph
- Comprehensive documentation folder including:
- User manual
- QC/DQ testing certificate
- IQ documentation
- OQ documentation
- Conformity declaration
- CE/EMC declaration
- Instrument logbook
- 10° feet to test tablets > 650mg or odd shaped samples
- Tablet abrasion drum with lamellas
- Friability drums with anti-static coating
- Certified equipment for instrument functional (operational) qualification
Request for Quotation
PTF DR a semi-automated Friabilator with automated sample discharging option at the end of a test run