The PTB 311E „3-in-1“ tablet hardness testing instrument is doubtless one of the most popular instruments for measuring
- thickness up to 15mm,
- diameter (or Length) up to 40mm (optional 70 mm), and
- hardness up to 300N (optional up to 500N).
The PTB 311E is designed in compliance with the USP <1217> and EP <2.9.8> monographs. The actual design includes the possibility to enter a product code and and a date and ttime stamp onto each protocol.
A variety of tablet thickness test jaws are available for differently shaped tablets. Connect a PCL5 laser printer to print reports of the actual test including statistical information as well as of the adjustment and calibration data. A dot matrix printer may be used to get a force curve print-out or use the optional PTB32 software for result presentation. Full calibration and validation programs are included.
A Note on Calibration
The current USP Pharmacopeia requires the force sensor of a tablet hardness testing instrument to be calibrated periodically over the complete measuring range (or the range used for measuring samples) with a precision of 1N. All Pharma Test tablet hardness testing instrument can be statically calibrated over the complete measuring range by the use of different tracebale counterweights. All instruments support the checking of at least three different points during calibration to prove the linearity of the force sensor. Furthermore, Pharma Test offers the PT-MT magnetic tablets to calibrate the breakpoint detection of the whole tablet hardness testing instrument (force sensor and mechanics of the instrument). All Pharma Test tablet hardness testing instruments are fully compliant to the requirements of the current USP Pharmacopeia.
- Fully USP <1217> and EP <2.9.8> compliant
- Test thickness, diameter and hardness of a tablet
- Dual force mode instrument with linear speed increase and linear force increase modes
- Multiple point validation procedure for all three stations built-in
- Programmable print-out of force increase curve
- Set to test tension strength of oblongs and caplets available